Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reliving 23rd June

Its been a few days since i have blogged, and i have sufficient reasons for not being meticulous.

23rd June was the most wonderful evening. A day to remember not just for Nikhil and myself but for all those who came and blessed us. (I'm assuming all those who came blessed us :) ). There is a whole lot of things that have changed between last week and today and its been a wonderful transition from being a girl to a woman. An automatic change, a feeling that cant be described but only experienced.

The way the people around look at you changes, the way i feel about myself has changed and believe me its all for the better.

There were truly some wonderful moments that evening. The new man in my life, my Urmi's constant and dutiful company, my parents love, my brothers affection, my sister inlaws concern, manu's total happiness, my would be in laws first hug to their new daughter inlaw, my aunts genuine happiness and the joy that was evident, happiness and love that was present in the air (making oxygen a rare commodity!!!) and everything else. I can go on and on but i need to stop.

I've always asked my parents, why would they want to send the daughter they love to somebody else's house. Dont they love her enough. But that day i realised, why parents do that... Its only because their daughter get another beautiful family, parents, brothers and sisters, making this world a wonderful place to live in.

That day didnt bring tears to my eyes but when i write this today it does get moist. Reliving 23rd is a wonderful journey for me.

So many arguments before that day (all in the process of preparation), noise, moments of ragging...and that evening everything came to a standstill, Only the day remained and consumed us all. Hmmmmm... so much to say and not many words to say it in..

Nikhil left for Mumbai this morning. He extended his stay by a day. It was impossible for him to leave yesterday, how could he just put things at the back of his mind and start working just two days after one of the best days of our lives. I was certainly happy he stayed back, gave us some more time to let the moment sink in.

We are all back on our original paths now. Work for him, practice for me and likewise for the others involved.
Life goes on, until 4th december, when life takes a complete change for Nikhil and myself......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

23rd june was one of the most special days EVER! Am extremely elated with my best friend-in-law:)) But as happy as i am about the 4th of dec, I'm not.