Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Day of the Engagement

Today is June 23rd 2008.

They say in our custom, engagement is half marriage, so i guess thats the way i too am going to take it.

I have always wondered, what my mood would be during such an event and today i feel very normal. But is that abnormal!!!! I am very calm and casul about the entire day. Maybe by evening it might dawn upon me that I AM GETTING ENGAGED.

This actually wouldn't have been such a big deal if weren't for me being involved.

I was so vehemently against marriage until May 1st 2008. But by the end of this year to imagine that i will be married is indeed a big step for me. I know all this and yet, calmness prevails. The day doesn't seem any different. I have done somethings to give the day importance like apply Mehendi, applied an anti tan pack on my face, but thats about it. I have known many of my friends to do much more. Trust me when i say this, i would not have bothered myself with any of the above things if it weren't for my family and friends. They said I had to look a little different from the others there at the function. :)

Anyway, there is life after today and thats something that i have kept at bay for sometime now. Not anymore. I got to start working in the right direction towards my upcoming season and ensure that i am fit to handle everything thats going to happen henceforth.

The evening is quite someway off. Maybe if I get time at night I will come back to you and pour out my feelings. Untill then.. Thanks for wishes :)

No comments: