Saturday, August 30, 2008

Peace for our Children

The calming effect on the mind of an adult by a sleeping child is unexplainable. Maybe that was the inspiration for the soft rock band MLTR to write the song " Sleeping Child". Its a truly touching and wonderful compilation of all the things a child must be witness to when they grow up. Dont we all want peace and happiness!!!!

But we the elders are lucky in this aspect. We get to watch peace and solitude in the face of a sleeping child and that I'm sure is what we want for our children too. But the question is will they have the opportunity to see a peaceful world?

With the various terrorist attacks and the recent incident in Kashmir involving children as hostages has made me worry about the lives of children who will probably never understand what a wonderful world this can be to live in.

We are all to blame for this. Every issue that is discussed has politics or religion as its base, where is the human element!!! Cant we think for a Man from a Man. Does it always have to be connected with a persons associations and affiliations?

I know I am going nowhere with this discussion, but all that I am doing is introspection of the self. Am I too going to lay back and watch all thats happening around me and make no difference to those around me? Millions of men and women in dire need for assistance in the human form are milling around me and yet I have done nothing for them. The only solace I am getting is from the fact that I have atleast commenced the thought process within me. Someday, and someday soon, I will work to help the lives of atleast a few by making a difference in my little way.

Until such time, let me feel the calm with by watching the child sleep...........

No comments: