Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lessons I Learnt

My friend Jayashree bought me the entire 9 seasons of X- FILES.. That is something i bugged her about ever since she set foot in American soil and after three years I have got what i wanted. :)

This fascination for X-Files began when i was in my eleventh standard i guess... The initial attraction was FOX MULDER and nothing else and I guess that was how i viewe it for a very long time, even after it had ceased being telecasted on TV.

However, and believe me what I am going to say might seem stupid, I learnt something quite valuable from the serial. The pursuit of something that one really believes in and not stopping until you knw that the end has come.

The end, mind you, maybe good or bad, but heart of hearts the person who truly looks for answers or means to achieving their dremas, aims, ambitions, pursuits and everything else will probably be guided by someone far above us, to help us realise that we have reached the end of the long and winding road.

I am drawing a parallel with myself, because I believe that I know myself best. I have worked hard and I am still working (although not as hard as before) to achieve my undying dream. But off late I have begun to realise that my end is probably getting closer and yet there is a sense of calm around me. I have always got what I wanted, unless I changed my mind about something I desired, and so when my dream of playing for the country came a little closer, I believed that I could actually make it.

But today I know that I wont get there( there is maybe a 1% chance and I have been very bad with probability ever since school, so my guess is I wont play for the country) and that doesnt make me feel like I have not achieved what I wanted. I know and believe that I have worked hard in the limited time frame that I had. Starting at the age of 20 meant that I had to put my ambition on fast track mode and I did. But I guess I got onto the freeway and although I have tried really hard to get back into the highway, I realised that the freeway was leading me to another place, A PLACE WHERE MY SATISFACTION FOR HAVING TRIED WILL ALWAYS BE WITH ME.......

No comments: