Friday, August 22, 2008

The Week that Was

Its been a long time since I have done this and there is no excuse for it unless laziness can be termed as a reason.

I have begun listing down the list of people I would be inviting for the wedding. There are some names in that book for whom I have scant respect and in my second round of filtering I will certainly remove most of them. The reason is not because I want to cut down on the numbers, not at all, for me its important that those who come for the wedding actually wish me well and not have an iota of jealousy. One might wonder why the jealousy. Its just that there are a few in this world who cant be happy for others and for me I have alot of people in my cricket fraternity who think that I have got more than I have asked for and that I dont deserve it!!!!!! Yup its beats me too...................

Otherwise the week has been made up of visits to various docs, all for the same problem (in case someone assumes I'm a sick person, in the literal sense!!) and paying each of them a hefty amount. I am kind of getting sick and tired of this, but when i think of Urmi and what she has been going through for the past 6 years, my problems feel like the discarded pluto.. that small..

Preparations for the wedding and also underway. The first purchase was the jewellery. Its a nice piece of work, the pendant. But what was more interesting during the buy was what Aarti (SIL) spoke with the jewellers. It was fun and was certainly a learning experience for me. Quite a few interesting points came forward and everyone of it made sense. :) Good work Aarti!!!!!!!

Next week will involve the purchase of something very very important.. the 'thirumangalyam' and ' koorey podavai', the true symbols of wedding and marriage...... just a few months away.. Am I ready yet???????????????

No comments: