Monday, August 11, 2008

Back From Mumbai

I dont think to most it would make sense but this is how my mind goes....

The four day visit to Mumbai under the pretext of accompanying Urmi for her IIJS show was fulfilled (no doubt about that i hope) but it also gave me time to spend with my beau, understand the city and hopefully act as a pre cursor to my life there from next year.

When I left from here I tuned my mind to accepting the place as it was. If I was going to live there then I should be liking it!!! There is no point putting up with some place I dont enjoy. Although this trip meant going out, shopping, eating and all that, at no point did i let my guard down. I enjoyed the city for all that it presented towards me. The traffic on the roads, inside malls, the rain, the dust, lack of walking place, Nikhil's friends, his house, his travel to office... everything that i did, I did it with a sense of purpose and understanding and guess what, I loved it :)


I met up with Nikhil's friends one evening and they were all women, three of them to be exact, each very very different in their own ways and each of them made me understand a part of him that would certainly help us both grow. You can judge a man by the friends he has, atleast i think i can. From what little in conversed with them, i know I too can gel with them quite fine. I think thats important for Nikhil that i can communicate with his friends, because they would form an integral part of our lives too.

Nikhil's house...hmm.. I dont know why there was an initial reluctance to take me there, but ultimately he did and I really liked it. You see I need to know his life as a bachelor and what he will be after the wedding on the home front too :) So thanks for taking me there. You have a cute house. This brings me to the topic of his room mate. Guess one reason why they do get along well with each other is, neither interferes in the others way of life and work, while they join together for things they need to do together. They had a good living understanding.

Well, four days of fun, understanding (tiny argument) and enjoyment. I had a lovely time.... :)

No comments: