Monday, April 29, 2013

What my baby is to me...

I just felt like writing..what I have no clue. But I am guessing that just as my previous encounters with this page this I will be meandering through a few unrelated things that seem to occupy my mind.

Uttara is turning 3 next month and it seems just unfair that time is flying right in front of me. Where is my little baby who was in my arms not too far back. She is already back answering me, yells at me if I don't comply to her every wish and command and  is then filled with a sense of guilt , which makes her cries further to want me more than ever next to her. :)

Oh how I love all this. I am truly lucky to be with her and watch her grow. She certainly has a mind of her own and I really wish that she'd be this strong willed and determined person that she is now even when she grows up.

As parents we all have certain perceptions about how we would like our child to be. For me I'd like her to be this independent person who is straightforward not just in action but also in the mind. Uncluttered and trouble free, honest yet charming, loving yet standing up for herself when it matters. The kind of person who takes a win in her stride and a loss with a smile on her face. Makes her own decisions and to stand by it. But most of all I want her to be the baby she is to me always, even when she is really really OLD.

I am so looking forward to her growing up, going to a new school, making friends, enjoying her independence with responsibility, learning new things with each passing day, sharing her day with me and so much more.

Yesterday we were all having an ice cream and just as every child does she was obviously more tempted by the ice cream that I was having instead of hers. So she asked me to exchange ice creams and I gave it up just like that. That is when I thought of the million times that I had done the exact thing with my mother and it brought a smile to my face thinking if this brought the same joy to my mum as it did to me.

Little girls are so full of emotions and life, I never thought I would be a mother and love all this and yet here I am saying and writing everything that this child means to me. It doesn't mean that I am a perfect mother, not at all, but I know that I am the kind of mother who likes to learn the way her child is learning everyday and in the process being very happy doing it. It is probably the first time I have ever enjoyed learning something :)

1 comment:

Mala Thiagu said...

Aarti, you never even told a single word about your blog!!!! loved this article!!! Keep posting...